Code of Conduct
Our Code of conduct helps us collectively create a more welcoming, more fun, friendly, and safer environment for all to socialize and dance together. This code of conduct applies to all members and non-members of Olin Yoliztli.
We stand for equality of all kinds and aim to create classes, spaces and events that empower and excite people. We want you to have new experiences, learn new things, and meet new people. By enrolling on classes and events run by Olin Yoliztli, it is understood that you agree to the following:
- This environment is for everyone
- Respect and acknowledge gender considerations and differences and respect others regardless of gender identity, race, cultural diversity, ethnic origin, physical appearance, ability, sexual orientation, beliefs, religion, or other views.
- Sexual harassment is not tolerated. We expect everyone to behave in a friendly and appropriate manner, and not to make others feel uncomfortable. Keep your hands and body movement to what is appropriate and required for the dance.
- As classes, workshops and events organizers, we reserve the right to refuse entry to any person, and to remove from our classes and events, without refund, any person who violates our code of conduct or acts illegally.
- Be kind. Treat others kindly and respectfully in your interactions both on and off the dance floor. No inappropriate, aggressive, or disrespectful behavior is tolerated.
- Looking after each other
- Please use your full range of senses to protect yourself and the rest of the community. Watch out for each other, both on and off the dance floor.
- Deliberate inappropriate touch and/or boundary-pushing will not be tolerated.
- Show respect and care for the costumes, accessories, and facilities we share in classes or events. Tidy up after yourself and take care not to cause damage. Don’t handle any costumes, accessories, or equipment you haven’t been asked to touch.
- Unacceptable behavior
- Under no circumstances smoke, consuming alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted. You must not bring any illegal substances to the facilities where we run our classes, workshops, or events. If you are found doing so, we may expel you from the Facility and/or terminate your membership.
- Do not engage in any activity that may damage our property.
- Do not engage in criminal activity in our rehearsals, classes, or events.
- Do not provide a false or misleading statement, declaration, or claim.
- Neither use, nor allow the use of, Olin Yoliztli’s property, resources, information, intellectual property, or funds other than for authorized purposes
- Personal responsibilities
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your class and be prepared for class. Any member arriving late must wait until the exercise is finished before entering the class. Please enter the studio quickly and quietly so as not to disrupt the class.
- Take care of your personal belongings. You are responsible for any items you bring to classes or events. Theft is not tolerated.
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Brush your teeth, put on some deodorant, and wear clean clothes when you are coming to any of our classes or events.
- Participants are solely responsible for their own well-being while undertaking classes, workshops and events and will only participate in classes, workshops and events at a level they are personally comfortable with.
- Behave with integrity in all professional relationships e.g. within classes, rehearsals, public performances and events.
- Uphold and enhance the standard and positive reputation of the group. Avoid any activities that may harm the reputation of our group, may or cause physical or mental harm to another person (such as verbal abuse, physical abuse, assault, sexual or racial harassment, bullying and the safety of yourself and others).
If you need to raise anything with the team, please talk to the director. We will take your privacy seriously when addressing any concerns or issues. Olin Yoliztli will address code of conduct violations on a case-by-case basis. You may be warned, or if the offence is serious in nature we may ask you to leave immediately or not to return to future classes and events. If you are asked not to return due to your behavior, we will not offer refunds for any unredeemed credit.
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THROUGH THIS CODE OF CONDUCT.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Enrolment Policies & Procedures
Registration is required prior to class, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class start time, this enables time to complete registration, change shoes and have a catch-up chat.
By enrolling on a class, you agree to Olin Yoliztli´s Terms and Conditions.
Olin Yoliztli is a space to learn in – we reserve the right to ask any member who is disrupting the class to leave. Any issues regarding our teachers or classes may not be discussed before or during or after class with the teacher and must be written via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The most regular income we could rely on is the money we get from the people attending classes on a regular basis and there is a lot of work behind the scenes to keep this project running. We are a non-for-profit group and what we collect from each class helps us to cover the cost of the rehearsal spaces, costumes, musical instruments and all the necessary equipment for performances or events.
If you are interested in attending our classes but are in a difficult economic situation, notify us in writing and we can discuss further, we are happy to find other ways for you to contribute rather than money.
Class fees are due at the beginning of each class. Each class is $10.00 NZD which can be paid per class or a monthly payment of $30.00 NZD which will include 4 classes per month. Workshops are run on a Koha basis.
Payments can be made via Internet banking, via our website or cash.
Account name: Olin Yoliztli
Account Number: 06-0606-0883178-00
Particulars: Your Name
Reference: Class / Workshop
Please send us a copy of your transfer receipt to email@example.com or notify us on the Messenger chat when you have made any payment.
Class Attendance Policy
Regular class attendance is vital for members to develop and keep up with their syllabus work. members must be punctual to classes to ensure they receive a complete warm-up.
Dop-Ins are allowed although classes are built on sequential dance lessons. This means some content might be unfamiliar to participants who choose to drop in at random classes throughout the block. It is understood by the Drop-In participants that the facilitator might not reteach material covered in previous classes.
We encourage you to be patient and enjoy the learning path, a commitment to most classes will certainly help you to learn these dances, but if you are completely new to these types of dances or have no experience in dance, we strongly recommend attending the beginner’s workshops prior to our regular classes.
As a courtesy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us in our group chat prior to class beginning if you are going to be late or not able to attend your class.
Performance group represents Olin Yoliztli at community and New Zealand-wide events. We are committed to providing appropriate opportunities for our members and we strive to make this a positive experience which aligns with our group values.
Those enrolled as performers, must commit to regular attendance at classes and rehearsals and be available for extra practices as called. They must show a commitment to the process and an ability to work as part of a team. We reserve the right to stand down any member who cannot fulfil the above criteria.
Photography & Videoing Policies
Photography or video by anyone other than Olin Yoliztli’s members in class is not permitted.
Images or video footage of members may be used for marketing and website purposes. Please let us know if you do not wish to appear in any photos or videos.
Choreography for classes and performances must not be copied or used without the prior permission of Olin Yoliztli. Members are not permitted to perform choreography that was developed specifically for them by Olin Yoliztli’s teachers as a solo or as part of a team/group without prior permission.
Over the last 2 years, we have been making a big effort to cover the costs of different costumes from Mexico, Bolivia and Chile in order to give something back to the communities that have preserved the traditions and dances we are sharing here in New Zealand.
We already have enough costumes for shared use and we will provide you with the costumes and accessories for the performances. We kindly ask you to take care of them, please value the time of the people who make them, who spend time buying them and arranging delivery to NZ, and all the people that were part of the group in earlier days and contributed to make or bring all what we have now.
Please be aware that most of them can’t be replaced or bought here, the cost of all these items and especially freight costs, have been increasing drastically over the last years and we won’t be able to replace any of what we have for the same cost.
Olin Yoliztli maintains the right to dismiss any member who breaches any of the stated Terms & Conditions, damages property or causes severe disruptions to any classes. This decision is at the discretion of the Group Directors.
We ensure that the dance activities we lead are of detriment to the health, safety and well-being of participants and we encourage participants to take active responsibility for their own welfare, behavior, relationships and actions with others, setting clearly appropriate personal boundaries to ensure the integrity of their relationships and participate safely and happily.
As a community dance artist, you are expected to work and behave with integrity: being open, trustworthy, sincere and consistent in the way you conduct yourself and your work; following this through in your professional relationships and in undertaking your role in a responsible, thorough and accountable manner.